Monday, October 20, 2008

I wish I... took "hug" pictures

I always meant to take pictures of my husband and I hugging (or arm around) each of our kids separately so that they would have these pictures to cherish later on. There are plenty of whole family pictures, but I think it's important for children to know that they are special as separate beings to their parents.

Right now I wish I had a picture like that of my parents hugging me when I was little. Or even from adult years. My dad is gone now; it would be nice to look at a hug picture and "feel" his hug again. Same with my two dogs who died this summer. I wish I had a full arm-wrap hug picture with each of them.

Pictures are powerful reminders for your brain; and emotional pictures can have great depth and comfort.

Go take a hug picture today!

No comments: