Be aware of the first signs of trouble of any kind. Whether it's:
- a faint smell of smoke
- an onion or potato smell in your pantry
- the sight of a water stain
- a tiny crack in a wall
- an oil drip from your car
- one ant or pantry moth in your house
- a new noise in your car
- someone mentions a little something that clicks in your head (sign of feeling jealous, neglected, suicidal?)
ALWAYS force yourself to investigate! Sooner than later. These things do not go away, they come from something and you know it.
So don't put off signs of trouble. Be a detective. Focus and take care of it!